permaculture - [permaculture] The Permaculture Promise

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] The Permaculture Promise
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 22:10:13 -0400

The Permaculture Promise
https://permaculturepromise.com/
Jono Neiger

*Permaculture* is a sustainability buzzword, but many people wonder what it
actually means and why it is relevant. Originally coined by combining the
words *permanent *and *agriculture*, permaculture has evolved into an
optimistic approach connecting all the systems of human life: food
production, housing, transportation, energy, and how we structure our
communities.

*The Permaculture Promise* explains in simple terms why permaculture may be
the key to unlocking a livable future on our planet. Author Jono Neiger
asserts that humans can thrive while simultaneously making the Earth
healthier and not destroying it. The book shows 22 ways that permaculture
can create a better future for all living things. Profiles of people and
communities — including an urban dweller who tore up her driveway to create
a vegetable garden and a California housing development that dedicates a
third of its land to parks, orchards, and gardens — will inspire you to
incorporate permaculture principles into your life today.

  • [permaculture] The Permaculture Promise, Lawrence London, 03/18/2018