permaculture - [permaculture] Join the Battle for Net Neutrality

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Join the Battle for Net Neutrality
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 01:11:53 -0500

Join the Battle for Net Neutrality
https://www.battleforthenet.com/?subject=net-neutrality-dies-in-one-month-unless-we-stop-it

We have just 3 weeks to save net neutrality.
I urge you to stop the FCC's plan to end net neutrality *before* the FCC's
December 14th vote. I don't want ISPs to have the power to block websites,
slow them down, give some sites an advantage over others, split the
Internet into "fast lanes" for companies that pay and "slow lanes" for the
rest, or force me to buy special "tiers" to access the sites and services I
choose. But that's exactly what the FCC plan would do. Please read it:
https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-347927A1.pdf Blocking &
throttling by ISPs is a serious problem. Comcast has throttled Netflix,
AT&T blocked FaceTime, Time Warner Cable throttled the popular game League
of Legends, and Verizon admitted it will introduce fast lanes for sites
that pay-and slow lanes for everyone else-if the FCC lifts the rules. This
hurts consumers and businesses large and small. If some companies can pay
ISPs to have their content load faster, startups and small businesses that
can't pay those fees won't be able to compete. This will kill the open
marketplace that has enabled millions of small businesses and created
America’s 5 most valuable companies. Without strong net neutrality
protections, Internet providers will effectively be able to impose a tax on
every sector of the American economy. Moreover, under Chairman Pai's plan,
ISPs will be able to make it more difficult to access political speech that
they don't like. They'll be able to charge fees for website delivery that
would make it harder for blogs, nonprofits, artists, and others who can't
pay up to have their voices heard. If the FCC passes their current order,
every Internet user and business in this country will be unprotected from
abuse by Internet providers, and the consequences will be dire. Please
publicly support net neutrality protections by denouncing the FCC's current
plan. Do whatever you can to stop Chairman Pai, to ensure that businesses
and Internet users remain protected. Thank you!
Demand Progress <https://demandprogress.org/> will contact you about future
campaigns. Privacy Policy <https://www.battleforthenet.com/privacy/>

Comcast, Verizon and AT&T want to end net neutrality so they can control
what we see & do online. First, they want to gut FCC rules. Then, they plan
to pass bad legislation that allows extra fees, throttling & censorship. *But
Congress can put a stop to all of this. Write & call now!*

https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_pub…/attachmatch/DOC-347927A1.pdf
[...]

Demand Progress will contact you about future campaigns. Privacy Policy

Comcast, Verizon and AT&T want to end net neutrality so they can control
what we see & do online. First, they want to gut FCC rules. Then, they plan
to pass bad legislation that allows extra fees, throttling & censorship.
But Congress can put a stop to all of this. Write & call now!
<https://www.battleforthenet.com/?subject=net-neutrality-dies-in-one-month-unless-we-stop-it>
Comcast wants to control what you do online. Do you want to let them?
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.battleforthenet.com%2F%3Fsubject%3Dnet-neutrality-dies-in-one-month-unless-we-stop-it&h=ATO7LzdLKjNnmAnWysbL_ybKWU_AfTmFMWVtEDtwxifrS6Wj3wzxqDpvTAnElpyNDE6eJGTKtzJCoF6Pkr47kuQi8qZm-AP7d-0x-3f65CWGDoLPCHC6fuVZTmp79BnWCxzzDlXHV9wTfiruql53TmQnT6uBVdtl6saFP689bWAkD7vSaBZvzGGakoxbX8YJi5GGIZ8Tx7cP0kAi-YITLuKvh1Q2h7bMGu7zMRBwjMplBudEEhVX0pYq116om3OWD75QJNeZz2VnvhV-9vwTvr6evFE6_Io>
Comment for “no”. Share this for “oh hell no.” Then click through to
actually stop it.
battleforthenet.com

  • [permaculture] Join the Battle for Net Neutrality, Lawrence London, 11/23/2017