permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Why anarchism is better than conventional diplomacy | Carne Ross | Books | The Guardian

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Why anarchism is better than conventional diplomacy | Carne Ross | Books | The Guardian
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 10:24:39 +1200

Hi Al

Yes, Andrew is presently in Thailand. I may get hold of him later today on
skype.

That search link is a good start. There is heaps of material on these
subjects on YouTube.

Basically you to need to register a "Common Law Trust" best place for this
is with a recognised entity perhaps in British Virgin Islands. Do a search
for any legal entity / conveyancing business lawyers in BVI who does this
and check thoroughly the whole procedure.

The detail of it does become a little complex when we try to understand it
in comparison to the systems we have be corralled into from the so call
mainstream systems. Common Law etc etc is above all others. Good models
need to be fully understood to interpret how to best function and operate.

Steve

On 19 July 2017 at 23:15, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why anarchism is better than conventional diplomacy | Carne Ross | Books |
> The Guardian
> https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/jul/18/why-
> anarchism-is-better-than-conventional-diplomacy-carne-ross?CMP=fb_gu
>
> Carne Ross: 'Diplomacy only works if it includes those affected – and it
> often doesn't'
>
> After watching the destructive and unjust workings of international
> relations, former diplomat Carne Ross explains why direct democracy now
> makes more sense to him
> <https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/jul/18/why-
> anarchism-is-better-than-conventional-diplomacy-carne-ross?CMP=fb_gu#img-1
> >
> Carne Ross pictured at Marinaleda, Spain, a cooperative municipality.
> Photograph: Storyville/ BBC Four
> <https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/jul/18/why-
> anarchism-is-better-than-conventional-diplomacy-carne-ross?CMP=fb_gu#img-1
> >Carne
> Ross <https://www.theguardian.com/profile/carne-ross>
> @carneross
> <https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/jul/18/why-
> anarchism-is-better-than-conventional-diplomacy-carne-ross?CMP=fb_gu#img-1
> >

> <https://twitter.com/carneross>
>
> Tuesday 18 July 2017 11.38 EDT Last modified on Tuesday 18 July 2017
> 13.29 EDT
>
> I wrote Independent Diplomat shortly after resigning from the Foreign
> Office. I had worked on Iraq and WMD for more than four years at the UN
> security council, but resigned in 2004 after giving secret testimony to the
> Butler review on the Iraq war. It was a difficult time for me. My future
> was unclear; I had thought I would be a diplomat all my life.
>
> Independent Diplomat is a short and precise little book and I wrote it
> quickly, fired up by my anger at the lies and the war, and my frustration
> with the system of diplomacy itself. I knew there was something very wrong
> about the way that diplomacy was practised. I had seen and felt it. But
> what was it, and how could I convey that to readers who might know nothing
> about an unnecessarily obscure, but crucial, function?
> Sign up for the Bookmarks email
> Read more
>
> Diplomacy has remained largely the same as it was in very different eras,
> but the problems have changed. There is a glaring deficit in diplomacy that
> I realised only after my time in the UN security council, the world’s
> supreme body to prevent and resolve conflict. Almost without exception,
> when the council discusses a conflict – in Iraq, Kosovo or Western Sahara –
> the people from those places are not present. At best, their views may be
> relayed through the politicised and thus biased prism of the UN’s own
> reports. As I was later to learn, reported views are usually very different
> from the actual opinions of people “on the ground”. Their voice was
> entirely absent.
>
> This exclusion is unfair. It is also foolish to expect good, enduring
> [...]

Kia ora Ehoa

[image: Picture]
*Steve Hart*
*Ecology Architect*
*Designer, Teacher, Builder of Ecologically Sustainable Resilient
Environments, through Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture
and Systems Ecology.​*
Skype: tipenemanawa
Phone: +64 220 75 62 11

Permaculture Global Design: