permaculture - [permaculture] FWD: Extremely useful website for obtaining scientific papers.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] FWD: Extremely useful website for obtaining scientific papers.
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 16:24:19 -0500

FWD: Extremely useful website for obtaining scientific papers.

I have just learned about this website:
https://sci-hub.cc/

with a PMID or doi search (easily obtainable from google scholar:
https://scholar.google.it/) you can get pretty much any published paper (So
far as I can tell).
Unless anyone knows a reason not to use it? On face value it seems awesome.
Readers might want to share this info?
Jonathan
--
Jonathan Latham (PhD)

BioScience Resource Project
www.bioscienceresource.org

PO Box 14851-6869
Ithaca NY
USA
Tel: 00 (1) 607 319 0279

jrla...@bioscienceresource.org

There is a wikipedia page that explains its origins, which are
russian/kazakh.

><

This valiant effort at open source science by a Russian scientist has been
around for a while. I have not tried it recently, but found it cumbersome
and unreliable at first mainly because of attacks on it by the usual
Western imperial capitalist suspects, and the work-arounds that had to be
constructed to avoid the attacks. The fact that it is Russian in origin
should not deter anyone who has not fallen for the hysterical Russia
bashing emanating from the US govt, mainstream media and recent Clinton
presidential campaign.

<http://goog_2032074750>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sci-Hub

http://www.sciencealert.com/this-woman-has-illegally-
uploaded-millions-of-journal-articles-in-an-attempt-to-open-up-science

Cheers,

Karl
--
Karl North - http://karlnorth.com/
"Pueblo que canta no morira" - Cuban saying

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com