permaculture - [permaculture] The Logical Gardener

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] The Logical Gardener
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 19:45:39 -0400

The Logical Gardener
https://www.logicalgardener.org/

Welcome to The Logical Gardener
<https://www.logicalgardener.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11&sid=b7c06dfb0fd847c7201c2a7a51bbf82d#p30>

[image: Post] <https://www.logicalgardener.org/viewtopic.php?p=30#p30>by *Tim
Wilson
<https://www.logicalgardener.org/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=52>* ยป
Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:47 pm
Welcome to our forum, The Logical Gardener.

Three of us; Spurr, CT Guy - KIS Organics (Tad Hussey) and Microbeman (Tim
Wilson) perceived a vacuum on the Internet for a free & open discussion and
information site for dialogue in all areas of gardening and farming. The
name 'logical' implies that information given is to be based on scientific
information or the solid experience and observations of growers or
researchers. We ask, that if you are presenting something you believe is
factual, that you be prepared to verify your information with legitimate
scientific literature, attachments, citations or links. This goes for
everyone, no matter how esteemed. If you are projecting or hypothesizing
from your own experience please make this clear by qualifying your
statements. There is nothing wrong with saying you believe a certain
technique produces a positive result.

For suggestions of logical scientific thought/argument, critical analysis &
debate and scientific method and evaluation of scientific literature see
the attachment(s) and links;
Scientific Method:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

Critical/Logical Thought & Expression:
http://ctl.utsc.utoronto.ca/twc/webresources

We all have the capacity to get excited by an author's well-worded and
sensible sounding conjecture about her/his methods of horticulture or
product but until this speculation has been scrutinized by scientific
method, the conclusions given should not be construed as fact.

I hope that you feel at home here and will learn to learn and to teach from
this site.

Tim Wilson (Microbeman unplugged)

  • [permaculture] The Logical Gardener, Lawrence London, 09/22/2016