permaculture - [permaculture] OT: For Russian PC list members, if any, and others interested in the cause of freedom through Permaculture in Russia

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] OT: For Russian PC list members, if any, and others interested in the cause of freedom through Permaculture in Russia
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 08:47:10 -0400

Free Russia Foundation
http://www.4freerussia.org/

We are committed Russians consolidating our efforts to rebuild freedom and
democracy in Russia, defend core human values and rights and restore
Russia's path as a global citizen.

About Free Russia
The Free Russia Foundation is a nonprofit,
nonpartisan, nongovernmental U.S.-based
organization, led by Russians abroad that seeks to
be a voice for those who can’t speak under the
repression of the current Russian leadership.

We represent and coordinate the Russia diaspora. We pay special attention
to those who have recently left Russia due to the considerable
deterioration of the political and economic situation.

The Free Russia Foundation is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental
U.S.-based organization, led by Russians abroad that seeks to be a voice
for those who can’t speak under the repression of the current Russian
leadership. We represent and coordinate the Russia diaspora. We pay special
attention to those who have recently left Russia due to the considerable
deterioration of the political and economic situation. We are focused on
developing a strategic vision of Russia 'After Putin’ and ‘Without
Putinism’ and concrete program for the transition period. We will continue
to inform international policy-makers, mass media and opinion leaders on
the real situation in Russia. We know firsthand the reality taking place in
our country, and have suffered for this; therefore we understand this
better than many other people. We maintain our extensive networks of key
political, business and civil society leaders throughout Russia. This gives
us access to news and events in real time. In addition, we are a hub for
recently transplanted Russians and experts on every aspect of Russian
society.
Free Russia Foundation is a 501 (c) 3 Public Charity.

DONATE NOW
The Free Russia Foundation depends on your charitable
gift to continue our work. Your contribution is tax-deductible
and helps us continue our aid programs
and advocacy campaigns. With your help, we are building hope
for a democratic future for Russia

WHAT WE DO

Represent and coordinate the new generation of the Russian diaspora in the
U.S. and Europe

Provide intellectual and fundraising support to Russia civil society

Provide analytical support to U.S. and European decision-makers and foreign
policy institutions

Ensure the flow of information and communication between Russia’s
democratic opposition and U.S. and European lawmakers, opinion leaders and
NGOs

Offer educational and cultural programs for American, European and Russian
audiences

WHO WE ARE

We are a community of concerned Russians located both outside and inside
Russia. Furthermore, we are passionate about the destiny of our country and
seek positive changes in its political, economic and social development.

We are known within activists networks, by political analysts and to the
general public as a new generation of civil society, political leaders and
entrepreneurs.

We are successful professionals who have a progressive vision for the
future of our motherland.

We are global citizens, with a global perspective. We are also equally
familiar with life in the U.S., Europe and Russia.

OUR VISION

We are working to improve Russia, as a modern democratic country with
transparent public institutions and a strong civil society.

The Russia we want should:

Be based upon the rule of law and respect human rights

Be based upon the principle of separation of powers and the transition to
parliamentary democracy

Introduce freedom of entrepreneurship and demonopolization of the economy

Develop the middle class as a political force

Be governed by smaller, stronger and more stable political institutions.
These institutions will continue to function regardless of electoral cycles
and changes in leadership

Be federalized, with most power devolved to local government

Seek global cooperation and integration with the EU and the U.S.

Carry out a policy of in-depth lustration of the current regime

putin.war
http://www.4freerussia.org/putin.war/
“The task of the opposition now is education and truth. �And the truth is
that Putin equals war and crisis.”
Boris Nemtsov

The idea for this report
belongs to Boris Nemtsov.

One day, he strode into the RPR-PARNAS party headquarters and loudly
announced: “I know what we have to do. We’ll write a report, called
Putin.War, publish a bunch of copies and hand it out on the streets. We’ll
tell how Putin unleashed this war. It’s the only way we can we beat the
propaganda.” Nemtsov triumphantly looked around at everyone, the way he
always did when a good idea came to him.

Starting in early 2015, Boris began collecting material for the report. He
worked extensively with open sources, and found people who could share
information. Nemtsov believed that only by attempting to stop the war could
one display real patriotism. The war in Ukraine was a despicable and
cynical crime for which our country was paying with the blood of our
citizens, with an economic crisis and with international isolation. No one
in Russia needed this war except for Putin and his entourage.

Boris did not live to write
the text of this report.

On February 27, 2015, he was murdered on the Bolshoi Moskvoretsky Bridge,
directly outside the Kremlin walls. His colleagues, friends and others who
considered this work important joined together to complete Nemtsov’s
project. The materials that Boris had prepared formed the basis for this
report. The table of contents, hand-written notes, documentation –
everything that he left behind was used in the preparation of this text.

Our task is to tell the truth about the Kremlin’s interference in Ukrainian
politics which led to the war between our peoples. It led to a war that
must be immediately stopped.

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com