permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: Support Remineralize the Earth's Valley Gives Campaign!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: Support Remineralize the Earth's Valley Gives Campaign!
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 11:42:14 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Remineralize The Earth <jcampe@remineralize.org>
Date: Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 11:02 AM

Hello there Earth-lover!

It's been a while since our last email and that's because we've been busy
with some exciting projects and preparing for Valley Gives, a local
initiative organized by the Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts
that aims to raise funds and awareness for all the incredible work done by
charitable organizations in our area.

At RTE we are excited to be participating in Valley Gives this year with
our local commitment to the Pioneer Valley to remineralize gardens and
farms, and grow nutrient dense food for all! It's a pretty important
mission and we rely on support from conscious citizens of the Earth just
like you.

Show your support for *Remineralize the Earth*
<http://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=a7d0fce7f4&e=f1204bc2d1>
(RTE) during VALLEY GIVES
<http://remineralize.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=9de5a534b6&e=f1204bc2d1>,
the fourth 24-hour celebration of generosity.

*Our Goal - Raise $10,000 by May 3*

Every donation and donor we receive will further help us claim our share of
more than $200,000 in cash awards. Last year, Valley Gives raised almost $3
million for over 250 organizations from more than 6,000 individuals. The
big day for fundraising is May 3rd, but you can donate anytime between now
and then, every little bit helps!

*About Remineralize the Earth*

Soil remineralization will lead to a more productive and sustainable
agriculture, abundant healthy forests, and is a key strategy to stabilize
the climate through sequestering carbon. RTE facilitates a global movement
advocating for finely ground rock dust and sea minerals as an alternative
to chemical fertilizers and pesticides.

Over decades industrial agriculture has depleted our soils of crucial
minerals and trace elements. Today on average you would need to eat five
apples to get the same nutrition as one apple in 1965 (USDA). Now imagine
producing as much as 2-4 times the increased yields for agriculture while
at the same time enhancing the nutrient quality of the food we eat.

As a key strategy to stabilize the climate, a recent study in Panama showed
8 times the growth of trees grown with a local basalt rock dust that
translates into healthy trees that sequester 8 times more carbon in our
soils.

In an era of peak oil and diminishing resources, we can move from an era of
scarcity to an era of abundance. Rocks are one of the most abundant
resources on Earth! Finely ground rock dust is readily available as a
byproduct from the aggregate industry which supplies materials for
construction and highways. It can be applied to soils and forests and it
requires no extra energy other than transportation costs.

*Our Projects*

In the Pioneer Valley we are initiating a research project with 8 science
classes at the Paulo Freire Social Justice Charter School
<http://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=a8fb1cde97&e=f1204bc2d1>
(PFSJCS) in Holyoke, MA field testing onsite at Nuestras Raices
<http://remineralize.us3.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=1140a2e731&e=f1204bc2d1>.
Students will be testing crops with and without rock dust and will be
contributing their data to our online research database. We plan to create
a K-12 Handbook for teachers and students all over the world to learn about
remineralization and contribute their results and photos providing us with
information about their local sources of rock dust.

RTE is not just focused on local initiatives, but also a diverse range of
projects happening around the world in Senegal, Cameroon, Mexico, Costa
Rica, Panama, Brazil and many other countries. They are currently
partnering on a research project in an African Brazilian community in
Bahia, Brazil which will analyze the results of productivity for cactus for
fodder, with and without rock dust.

In November, RTE was invited to be a part of an official delegation by
the Cuba-U.S.
Agroecology Network
<http://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=fae7acfd3f&e=f1204bc2d1>
(CUSAN) to visit farms and gave a presentation on agroecology with rock
dust and is looking for a grant to return to Cuba to train farmers.

RTE advocates for an innovative agroforestry system as demonstrated at Sitio
Semente
<http://remineralize.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=1726a6b8f3&e=f1204bc2d1>
just outside of Brasilia which produces a tremendous diversity of fruits,
vegetables, coffee and cacao, and sell their produce at a farmer’s market
in Brasilia. They are transforming the surrounding degraded land into a
productive food forest, made possible through one initial application of
rock dust with no reliance on outside inputs thereafter. Please see the
inspiring video From Garden to Forest
<http://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=a2cc4bb9e6&e=f1204bc2d1>
.

RTE is partnering with Heifer International
<http://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=4c1d8b8c9d&e=f1204bc2d1>
in the Sahel region of Senegal. If our demonstration project is successful
it will be scaled up to 8 countries to create food security for local
communities in one of the most impoverished regions in the world.

We invite you to take part in this exciting event that epitomizes the
generosity and goodwill of our region and see what a difference we can all
make together. Your gift will have a local and global impact.

Thank you for your support from now until Valley Gives Day on May 3, an
event dedicated to community action that will help empower our mission!
Your donation shows your participation and commitment to creating better
soils, better food, and a better planet.
Donate Now
<http://remineralize.us3.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=5f26a359de&e=f1204bc2d1>

This email was sent to lfljvenaura@gmail.com
*why did I get this?*
<http://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/about?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=4b7f20aef6&e=f1204bc2d1&c=d6bc522c37>
unsubscribe from this list
<http://remineralize.us3.list-manage2.com/unsubscribe?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=4b7f20aef6&e=f1204bc2d1&c=d6bc522c37>
update subscription preferences
<http://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=4b7f20aef6&e=f1204bc2d1>
Remineralize the Earth · 152 South St · Northampton, MA 01060 · USA

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&afl=1>

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

  • [permaculture] Fwd: Support Remineralize the Earth's Valley Gives Campaign!, Lawrence London, 04/26/2016