permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: Help fund RTE to join Cuba Delegation this November!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: Help fund RTE to join Cuba Delegation this November!
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 19:15:09 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Remineralize The Earth <jcampe@remineralize.org>
Date: Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 1:44 PM
To: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>

View this email in your browser
<http://us3.campaign-archive2.com/?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=e55043717a&e=f1204bc2d1>

RTE has a great opportunity to support Cuba’s farmers and cooperatives!

*Our Goal- Raise $2,500 by November 15*

Your much needed support will help us to cover our travel and conference
costs to attend this groundbreaking event.

We have been invited to join the Cuban-U.S. Agroecology Network (CUSAN)
delegation to Cuba by Greg Watson with the Schumacher Center for New
Economics to attend the 5th International Conference of Agroecology and
Cooperatives which will be held from November 22 to 27, 2015.
This conference will bring together farmers, agroecology practitioners,
facilitators, scientists, students, and everyone interested in the
development of agroecology throughout the world.
Dr. Tom Goreau and Joanna Campe will be giving a presentation: Reversing
Global Warming by Increasing Soil Carbon Storage: Creating Food Security
through Integrated Farm Systems with Soil Remineralization

Joanna will give a presentation on an agroforestry model in Brazil that
uses a one-time only application of rock dust to initiate a self-sustaining
integrated system of food forests, which through succession can produce a
wide variety of vegetables, fruits, cacao and coffee. Watch the inspiring
video about this project (http://agendagotsch.com).

Through remineralization we can greatly enhance food security in Cuba and
worldwide. Being easily integrated into most existing agriculture,
forestry, and pasture systems, remineralization will produce higher yields
and more nutrient dense food.
Dr. Thomas Goreau will speak about the need to stabilize atmospheric CO2 at
safe levels quickly enough to avoid the worst consequences of global
warming and sea level rise. He will be focusing on soil carbon storage in
the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change in December 2015 in Paris,
which should result in new resources to make soils, agriculture, forestry,
and pastures more productive. We can restore degraded ecosystems, and
provide new sources of renewable biomass energy in Cuba and around the
world.

RTE’s current Cuba initiative hopes to establish agroforestry systems that
will provide increased nutrition, health, and yields, while connecting Cuba
with the opportunities and resources to combat food insecurity.

Every donation brings us closer to providing food security in Cuba. Thank
you for your support in helping to make this trip possible!

Joanna Campe

Executive Director
Remineralize the Earth

Thomas J. Goreau, PhD

RTE Board Director

President, Global Coral Reef Alliance

Coordinator, Soil Carbon Alliance

Coordinator, United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development Small
Island Developing States Partner in New Sustainable Technologies

Fund Our Cuba Trip
<http://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=4e855d1fbe&e=f1204bc2d1>
<http://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=aa293ae032&e=f1204bc2d1>
<http://remineralize.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=94578a1253&e=f1204bc2d1>
<http://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=bd58b5d7b6&e=f1204bc2d1>
*Copyright
© 2015 Remineralize the Earth, All rights reserved.*
We've written to one another in the past, so I'm writing to you now!

*Our mailing address is:*
Remineralize the Earth
152 South St
Northampton, MA 01060

Add us to your address book
<http://remineralize.us3.list-manage1.com/vcard?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=4b7f20aef6>

You can update your preferences
<http://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=4b7f20aef6&e=f1204bc2d1>
or unsubscribe from this list
<http://remineralize.us3.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=4b7f20aef6&e=f1204bc2d1&c=e55043717a>

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

  • [permaculture] Fwd: Help fund RTE to join Cuba Delegation this November!, Lawrence London, 10/08/2015