permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Lion Kuntz on Permaculture | RE: Permaculture design systems

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jason Gerhardt <jasongerhardt@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Lion Kuntz on Permaculture | RE: Permaculture design systems
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 18:57:37 -0600

I'm also continually grateful for Toby setting the record straight. Thank
you for always advocating for the highest potential of permaculture, it
certainly helps all of us in our lives and work.

The only thing I'd like to add is a quote from Holmgren that is
indispensable to me: "A large part of the thinking revolution involves the
emergence of design as a universal skill alongside those of literacy and
numeracy. It is not so much that we are just beginning to design; rather,
we are becoming more conscious of the power of our individual and
collective design processes, and how to improve them." (2002, p. 14)

The PDC is the best training I've found to achieve the universality of this
essential skill. And I'm definitely getting rich off teaching this course,
that is if richness is defined as watching people radically change their
lives for the better, which is certainly the highest yield I get from
teaching. Pyramid schemes aren't often based on love, so we can add that to
the list of defenses against such claims.

Jason Gerhardt

--

www.realearthdesign.com

720-496-9744