permaculture - [permaculture] Waterless toilets by Separett

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Waterless toilets by Separett
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 14:42:16 -0400

Waterless toilets by Separett
https://www.separett-usa.com/

Waterless Toilets
<https://www.separett-usa.com/index.php/waterless-urine-diverting-toilet.html>,
by Separett are the leaders in environmental oriented alternatives to
traditional toilet systems
<https://www.separett-usa.com/index.php/environmentally-safe-waterless-toilet.html>.
"We have been manufacturing waterless, urine separating (urine diverting)
toilets for 30 years", says Mikael Billsund, CEO at the Separett company.
In terms of design, stability, comfort and use, the Separett toilet is the
equal of a modern, conventional, WC in every way. It has benefits that the
conventional toilet does not: The liquid and the solid waste are separated
and stored into two different containers. When urine and solid waste are
mixed, they starts to ferment. In the Separett toilet no such process
occurs - and thanks to that, no unpleasant smell either. In the end, the
Separett toilet produces the most fertile fertilizer. The separation
process makes it possible to recycle the solid waste back to nature as an
organic fertilizer. The process inactivates human pathogens so that the
waste harmlessly can be composted. Handling the liquid waste is easy and
simple and when it is mixed with eight parts water in our Ejektortank, it
becomes the best fertilizer ever for your flower garden! No expensive
sewage systems are needed and certainly not flushing water is a great
benefit to the environment.

"We are contributing to a 'green' and sustainable environment for present
and future generations", Mikael Billsund states. The toilet can be
installed in both warm and cold locations, and works well irrespective of
the room temperature. "That is why Separett toilets are used all over the
world, from the dry heat of Africa to the icy cold of Greenland". The
toilet can be placed according to your desires and fastened to the wall or
floor. Available with AC or DC fan versions for use on or off of the grid.
It takes care of your needs wherever you may be - in your house, at your
cottage, on your boat, at the camp or anywhere there is no access to a
septic system. It is delivered with a urine separating child seat for small
people in the family as well. Outdoors, use our "Rescue Camping 25", a
toilet for temporary use in field or our Privy urine separation kits that
easily can be fitted in an existing outdoor toilet.
Please sit down - enjoy!

A recent comment attached to an order for supplies:* "After using the Villa
9200 for 5 months at our camp/summer home I want you to know that this
product is far superior to the composting toilet we previously owned. There
is simply no comparison. Even ask my wife!*" Charles in Youngstown, PA.

*"Thank you! We finished installing the toilet yesterday, and we love it!
We decided to tear apart the entire bathroom while we were at it too, so it
is all beautiful! The toilet is quiet, and you're right, no smells!
Thanks!!!"* Leah in Glen Haven, CO.

Watch our the installation video
<https://www.separett-usa.com/index.php/installing-composting-toilets.html>
of the Separett Villa 9200, Urine Diverting, Waterless Toilet.

Reading list:

Slate Magazine: The Big Necessity by Rose George
<http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/books/2008/10/minds_in_the_toilet.html>

ChinaDaily.com, Separett Toilets in Gansu Province, China
<http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2012-07/12/content_15571981.htm>

Treehugger.com: Hot Poop on Composting Toilets by Lloyd Adler
<http://www.treehugger.com/bathroom-design/hot-poop-on-composting-toilets-separett.html>

University of Missouri Extension: Making and Using Compost
<http://www.extension.missouri.edu/p/G6956>

Questions - check our Frequently asked Question file: FAQ's
<http://separett-usa.com/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;catid=24&amp;id=59>

  • [permaculture] Waterless toilets by Separett, Lawrence London, 06/03/2015