permaculture - Re: [permaculture] PDC for International Development, 5/30 - 6/13 at Quail Springs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: permaculture <permaculture@openpermaculture.org>, NE PC Listserv <northeasternpermaculture@lists.riseup.net>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] PDC for International Development, 5/30 - 6/13 at Quail Springs
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 19:32:18 +1200

Thanks Rafter for this notice. We have a wide network that are active in
the Aid Industry and as you and your team we have been considering working
on a similar course. We have not found the extra resources needed in our 36
hr day to confirm such a course yet. We do see the huge need for courses of
this nature.

I would like to forward this into our networks but will first need
clarification on a number of elements for us to feel comfortable in doing
so and promoting it.

These are
1. The course is advertised assumingly, as a combination PDC and
Permaculture in Aid Course and from the curriculum in The Designers
Manual *"Permaculture
Design Courses always include the international recognized PDC Curriculum
that can be found in the Permaculture Designer’s Manual."*

Can you give me the exact reference pages where this is in The Designers
Manual so our clients can assure themselves of this ?

2. Could you also offer us the day to day hour by hour timetable for the
entire course to satisfy exactly what is being taught and when ?

3. How much face to face lecture time is there in both courses? We know
there is a minimum required standard of 72 hrs F2F lecture for an
internationally recognised PDC. What have you for the additional
Permaculture in Aid Course which I assume as you mention is the course
framework of Robyn Francis.

Look fwd to your clarifications so we can wholeheartedly support this great
challenge.

Best regards

Steve Hart

--
Kia ora

[image: Picture]
*Steve Hart*
*Ecology Architect*
*Designer, Teacher, Builder of Ecologically Sustainable Resilient
Environments, through Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture
and Systems Ecology.​*
Skype: tipenemanawa
Phone: +64 220 75 62 11

Permaculture Global Design: