permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Ignore the anti-vaccination mindset

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Georg Parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Ignore the anti-vaccination mindset
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 09:14:47 +0100

> Am 25.03.2015 um 05:25 schrieb Linda Shewan <linda_shewan@yahoo.com.au>:
>
> We in the permaculture world know that taking care of the whole is
> essential. Injecting a chemical to make a plant 'immune' to a pest or
> disease is simply not the way permaculture looks at the world... so why
> would a permaculture practitioner believe that in human disease we are
> somehow outside the rest of the ecosystem?

Thank you Linda. I felt the same, but would not have been able to answer so
structured and clear. When we didn’t vaccine 33 years ago our parents thought
we are nuts, and since there was not a lot of data around back then (and no
internet), we were just doing it out of instinct. Today with all the data, I
am glad we did.

Georg