permaculture - [permaculture] Introduction to Permaculture Design Weekend Workshop, @Fox Hollow Farm, Fredericktown Ohio

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Ernest Rando <lotusdog@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Introduction to Permaculture Design Weekend Workshop, @Fox Hollow Farm, Fredericktown Ohio
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 15:21:01 -0500

Register for courses on March 28th & 29th
<https://squareup.com/market/fox-hollow-farm>, April 18th & 19th
<https://squareup.com/market/fox-hollow-farm>, June Date TBD, July Date
TBD, and October Date TBD
Join us for a two-day workshop that will change your life and could change
the world. This course is right for you whether you are new to
Permaculture, looking for insight into the workings of a practicing
permaculture farm, or seeking guidance with the design process. The only
prerequisite? The hope that when we think ethically and use ecological
design principles, humans can be a vital and beneficial part of the natural
world.Permaculture ethics and principles can be practiced on any piece of
land and with all sorts of animals. You’ll learn principles, design
methods, and strategies that will benefit a suburban backyard, a community
garden, a local food co-op, or the abandoned farmstead you inherited from
your grandmother. You’ll learn management strategies for livestock that
allow them to do what they do best, lead good lives, and produce a yield.Fox
Hollow Farm <http://www.foxhollowfarmnaturally.com/> is a family managed,
multi-species, mob grazing grass farm that incorporates Permaculture
Design. Come learn how we designed a regenerative landscape that mimics
nature and follows ecological principles. A landscape that allows us to
harvest high quality food and resources for our family and community, all
while investing in future fertility.

Day One: Registration begins at 8:45 and class starts at 9:30. We will
spend the morning in introductions of each other and to permaculture. Ernest
<http://permacultureglobal.org/users/3944-ernest-rando> will present on
Permaculture Ethics, the ecological principles of Permaculture Design, and
lead a discussion on global situations that are creating local
opportunities in our culture for agricultural and artistic change. After
the provided lunch, walk around the farm and see how we implement the use
the permaculture principles to develop business and agricultural strategies
on Fox Hollow and get inspired by how you can practice them yourself. The
evening’s festivities will include an optional potluck and movie screening
of the David Holmgren’s documentary “Relocalization
<http://permacultureprinciples.com/product/relocalisation-dvd/>”.Day Two:
Class
begins at 10:00 am. We will focus on doing hands-on Permaculture Design. In
the morning, we will learn how to use analysis tools and design strategies.
After another delicious lunch, we put those tools to use and create a basic
regenerative management plan for several individuals’ landscapes. Then
you’ll head out to home and start changing the world.

Please feel free to bring your own contour maps of your community or
private property.

Weekend Course Cost for Attendance (click here)
<https://squareup.com/market/fox-hollow-farm>:

- $150 Includes: supplies & materials, 2 lunches, breakfast snacks, car
camping, as well as a pot luck & movie.

*Please phone for lodging *740-694-8528 or email us.
<http://www.foxhollowfarmnaturally.com/pages/contact/index.php>
*.*There are a couple lodging arrangements available for those that are
traveling from afar. Please call ahead of time if doing so.
740-694-8528 or email
us. <http://www.foxhollowfarmnaturally.com/pages/contact/index.php>

- Anyone is able to Car Camp in or next to their vehicle, though we do
expect frigid temperatures in March and April.
- We have 2 rooms available : the Private Room is available upon request
for those with physical needs and the Hostel Room is available at a group
rate upon request
- There are also lodging options available near Fredericktown, OH.

<https://www.google.com/search?q=lodging+near+fredericktown+ohio&oq=lodging+near+fredericktown+ohio&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.5611j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=119&ie=UTF-8#q=lodging+near+fredericktown+ohio&rflfq=1&tbm=lcl>

For more info and to register please visit
http://www.foxhollowfarmnaturally.com/pages/calendar/styled-2/index.html

Ernest Rando <https://plus.google.com/117886846121315991773>
Skype: Lotusdogz
Member of the Degrowth Movement <http://www.degrowth.org/>
Over 30 Educational YouTube Playlists
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfV8WFoDxVgOUGpNYxI4cNw/playlists>

*The After Party Manifesto <http://www.afterpartyusa.org/manifesto>*
Economic Democracy Manifesto <http://rdwolff.com/content/manifesto>
US Federation of Worker Cooperatives <http://www.usworker.coop/>
The Debt Collective <https://debtcollective.org/>

Holistically Managed, Permaculturally Designed, Family Farm
working in cooperation with their community; Fox Hollow Farm in Ohio
<http://www.foxhollowfarmnaturally.com/>
The YouTube Video Series "A Case for Permaculture
<http://youtu.be/NSB8yxgCmU0>" by Bill Wilson
Building a Better World One Permaculture Brick at a Time
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aaxGXzDc80&list=PL5BD5861504A0DC87&index=120>Reading
Marx's Capital Vol. 1. with Prof. David Harvey
<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0A7FFF28B99C1303>

  • [permaculture] Introduction to Permaculture Design Weekend Workshop, @Fox Hollow Farm, Fredericktown Ohio, Ernest Rando, 02/22/2015