permaculture - [permaculture] Ecology Action: Home | Ecology Action Common Ground Center Bountiful Gardens John Jeavons

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Ecology Action: Home | Ecology Action Common Ground Center Bountiful Gardens John Jeavons
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 20:40:17 -0400

http://www.growbiointensive.org/index.html

Ecology Action
Common Ground Center
Bountiful Gardens
John Jeavons

Ecology Action: Biointensive Farming
Growing Ecosystems of Hope for over 40 Years!
Ecology Action teaches people worldwide to better feed themselves
while building and preserving the soil and conserving resources.
Aware of intensifying world challenges and the basic need of people to feed
themselves, we have been working for 40 years to develop an elegant,
small-scale agricultural system — GROW BIOINTENSIVE® Sustainable
Mini-Farming — that when practiced correctly, nurtures healthy soil
fertility, produces high yields, conserves resources and can be used
successfully by almost everyone. Our goal is to help this system be known
and used locally...on a worldwide basis.

http://www.growbiointensive.org/

Our mission is to train people worldwide to better feed themselves while
conserving resources.
What do we do?

Since 1972 we and our colleagues have been researching and developing GROW
BIOINTENSIVE®, a high-yielding, sustainable agricultural system that
emphasizes local food production and is based historically on intensive
gardening systems.
How do we spread the system?

Education and training are the keys. Publications based on our research are
disseminated globally. We give trainings in the GROW BIOINTENSIVE method
all the way from the basic level up to the training of trainers. Our
publications and trainings have inspired demonstration and teaching
projects in Mexico, Kenya, Argentina, Ecuador, Russia and Uzbekistan, with
other trainers in place in the U.S. and around the world. As a result,
millions of people have learned new techniques and have been taught to grow
a nourishing diet for themselves while protecting the Earth’s fragile
resources.

How do we influence the world as a small organization?

We equip individuals and organizations with the information, skills and
inspiration that enable them to take the next step. We remain the core of
this expanding global network, finding ways to make crops grow well in
non-optimal soil and climatic conditions at our Research Mini-Farm/Garden,
providing technical expertise, acting as an information bank, maintaining
quality assurance of the GROW BIOINTENSIVE system, and catalyzing new
projects as opportunities arise.

Ecology Action of the Mid-Peninsula has been a small 501(c)(3) nonprofit
organization since 1971.

  • [permaculture] Ecology Action: Home | Ecology Action Common Ground Center Bountiful Gardens John Jeavons, Lawrence London, 09/15/2014