permaculture - [permaculture] A new member of the permaculture list - introduction

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: DONKA RADEVA <donnybg@yahoo.com>
  • To: "permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] A new member of the permaculture list - introduction
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 16:16:05 -0700

Hello, dear Friends!

My name is Donka Radeva-Decheva and I would like to introduce myself to you.

I'm from Bulgaria, University of National and World economy, Sofia and I'm in
the beginning of studies of PhD degree in Ecological economics. The research
which I'm going to do is with topic "The economics of permaculture." I don't
have a profound experience with Permaculture, actually I'm coming from
Banking, mainly experience in Risk Management and loans granting of different
businesses. From the beginning of 2014 I've
changed my carreer and now I'm working for the science - at the University. I
have personal and already proffesional interests in ecological life, food and
so on ...
I would need information/guidelines about literature/publications/researches
in the field of Permaculture and Economy/Effectiveness of permacultural
practices.

I've had the chance to participate the EUPC2014 in Batak. I've met there
great people like Steve Hart, Martina Petru, Leo Bakx and many other nice
people from all over the world. I succeeded to write down some literature and
good ideas of course, but even more would be very useful for me.

I have interest in writing about Permaculture in farming and its
possibilities for increasing effectiveness of agriculture production in
Bulgaria /comparing with conventional production for example/. I'm going to
write about other economic aspects of Permaculture, too.

We've discussed with Steve, that if I make some soil tests and research on
soil /comparison - permaculture and conventional/ and connect them to
economic issues, it could be an interesting work. I'm keen on trying to do
this work.
I would be very grateful if you support me in some way.
Thanks a lot in advance!

Best wishes,
Donka Radeva-Decheva