permaculture - [permaculture] Invisable Structures

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Invisable Structures
  • Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 08:07:36 +0300

News from Australia...similar everywhere else. Should this information be
part of our teaching / learning in the subject of "Invisible structures" ?
I definitely think so. Steve Hart

by Simon Black <http://www.sovereignman.com/author/simonblack/> on August
7, 2014

[image: Description: Big brother is watching you!]

*August 7, 2014*
*Vilnius, Lithuania*

In an unbelievable display of arrogance and self-importance, the Australian
government recently announced the most sweeping changes to their national
security legislation since 9/11.

The new laws will give the Australian government more powers to monitor all
types of communication, both phone and internet.

What’s more, telecom companies will be required to store searchable metadata
of all activity for two years, enabling the authorities to access details
of every phone call made and every website visited.

Powers for “extended detention” and ‘preventative detention’, (pre-crime)
have also been extended.

I’m sure it makes you feel better knowing that you could be preventively
detained without actually committing any crime—you know, just in case…

It will also become a crime now to travel to a country where terrorists are
‘conducting hostile activities’ unless you have a ‘legitimate excuse’.

Just how these travel bans will be decided upon is unclear. Is Ukraine off
limits? Spain? Northern Ireland? Thailand? Russia?

All of this is supposedly necessary because, according to the government,
there are 125 Australian citizens currently part of terrorist groups
overseas.

Even if correct, 125 people represent 0.0005% of the population of
Australia. So for 125 people, the other 24+ million must be subjected to a
Big Brother police state.

It all makes even less sense when your read the official justifications for
it. Australia’s Prime Minister Tony Abbott said that:

“We are under a lot of budget pressure at the moment, but the community
won’t thank us if we skimp unreasonably on national security.”

Ironically, he admits they don’t have the money for it. But they’re going
to come up with an ADDITIONAL $630 million (a significant amount of money
in Australia) to boost domestic spying and police state programs… all for
125 people.

But the prize for the dumbest comment you’ll hear this week goes to another
pearl of wisdom from the Australian Prime Minister:

“The terrorist threat in this country has not changed, nevertheless it’s as
high as it’s ever been.”

Now, as a native English speaker, I’m not entirely sure what he’s trying to
tell me.

The government didn’t spend this money last year, and nothing happened.

But now since, according to the PM, nothing has changed, suddenly the
government has to spend an additional $630 million to terrorize and spy on
citizens.

What a brilliant piece of logic wrapped up in political Newspeak.

Basically they’re telling everyone that they should just be afraid… and
that the government must spy on citizens in order to protect them.

This is how it always happens… and we can watch yet another country slide
rapidly into a police state.

About the author: *Simon Black* is an international investor, entrepreneur,
permanent traveler, free man, and founder of Sovereign Man. His free daily
e-letter and crash course <http://www.sovereignman.com/crash-course/> is
about using the experiences from his life and travels to help you achieve
more freedom.

[image: Description: 131114 Hickson de Bohun crest.jpg]

--
Kia ora

[image: Picture]
*Steve Hart*
Ecology Architect
skype: stevenlawrencehart

PNG image

JPEG image

  • [permaculture] Invisable Structures, Steve Hart, 08/09/2014