permaculture - [permaculture] Nikola Tesla, resources.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Nikola Tesla, resources.
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 22:37:27 -0400

A quote from Nikola Tesla:
"If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once
with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found
the object of his search... I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing
that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent
of his labor. - Quoted Nikola Tesla in the New York Times, October 19, 1931"

Tesla invented radio and alternating current.

A community of AM ham radio operators that I have listed to for years on 75
(3885-3890 kh) meters AM were involved in promoting the accomplishments of
Tesla.
I heard about this many times as I tuned them in and listened for hours to
nearly a dozen nice, accomplished, skilled people with a sense of humor
rarely equalled.
Jack Wagner has put a lot of effort into gaining recognition for Tesla and
the creation of a statue of him for the Smithsonian. Here's more plus
Jack's Tesla website:

<>
http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=6972.0;wap
Jack Wagner, W8AHB
I am John W. Wagner, teacher...and I have a story to tell you about my
successive classes of third and fourth grade students whose efforts are
focused on preserving Tesla's memory in history.
Along the way, my students somehow learn to write...and enjoy their newly
acquired skill. Is this not one of the grand purposes of school?
Our class hero is Nikola Tesla because he is the underdog of electrical
history, yet his scientific discoveries brought us the prosperity we enjoy
today.
http://www.ntesla.org/provide_p.11.html
<>
http://www.umich.edu/~umarc/files/misc/chirpandsplatter2006.pdf
• Jack Wagner W8AHB installed a bust of Nikola Tesla at Carnegie Mellon
University, honoring the inventor of radio. This is the 19th bust that Jack
and his elementary school students have installed, all at the nation’s top
engineering and physics departments (perhaps you have seen Mr.
Tesla in the EECS atrium). Way to go, Jack!
(Please visit Jack’s website: www.ntesla.org)
<>
Jack's excellent Tesla website:
-
Nikola Tesla
1856 - 1943
Forgotten American Scientist
http://www.ntesla.org/ntesla/NT-P1.html
<>
Other websites about Tesla with collections of links on this subject:

Tesla Memorial Society of New York
http://www.teslasociety.com/top5.htm
Most Important Tesla Institutions and websites in the world
http://www.teslasociety.com/links.htm
Links to other Tesla Organizations

The Tesla Foundation of North America
http://tesla.org/contact.htm
The Tesla Foundation of North America or T.F.N.A. is dedicated to the
preservation of the legacy of Nikola Tesla and his inventions, works &
papers;....
TFNA promotes credible advancement in the fields of power engineering and
energy sciences derived from Tesla's work among inventors, scholars &
industry.
The TFNA furthers Tesla's lasting positive effect on mankind through the
administration of the Annual TFNA "Tesla Award" & "Tesla Scholarship"
programs.
The Foundation serves as 'provost ad hoc' for IOTAMSA, or The International
Organization of Tesla Associations, Museums, Societies & Affiliates and
it's members.
The Tesla Foundation is also producing the 1st "Joint Tesla Engine & Tesla
Coil Builder's Convention" + "Lightning Bolt Rally" to be held in late 2010
in LA, CA.
<>

LL
--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

  • [permaculture] Nikola Tesla, resources., Lawrence London, 03/21/2014