permaculture - Re: [permaculture] A traditional Fogon and rocket stove workshop

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] A traditional Fogon and rocket stove workshop
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 14:05:45 -0400

I wish I could be there for this event but am too far away. I just finished
a cobbled together out of spare parts rocket stove (4" firebox-chimney
tube)
for heating water and cooking. It is incredible how fast this stove heats a
kettle of water and what an infinitesimal amount of wood fuel is required
to do that.
No I realize that I have great use for that quarter acre of tree seedlings
that sprouted in some remote garden beds, fast growing and cut and come
again,
ash mostly. Little twigs and sticks and wood scraps and cutoffs from the
shop provide more than enough BTU's to heat all my water and do all my
cooking, year round.
I insulated the unit with high temperature ceramic blankets for added heat
conservation and comfortable use in summer.

Do you have a blog or forum where you field questions about rocket stoves
and metalworking techniques, Ray?

LL

--
Lawrence F. London