permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Aquaponics: Are Fish the Future of Organic Farming?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Aquaponics: Are Fish the Future of Organic Farming?
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 06:32:57 -0500

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 3:30 AM, georg parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at> wrote:

> > One tiny caterpillar can do enough damage in an afternoon to
> > throw off the entire chemical balance."
>
> This is nonsense, IMHO.

I wondered about that myself. Why do they say such things?
The author probably has little knowledge much less experience with
aquaponics. His statement: "It's just replicating nature,Holman notes.
"Except nature has the sun, and we use a small amount of electricity"
makes me wonder why their system isn't in a greenhouse with exposure to the
sun More greenwashing.