permaculture - [permaculture] Collaborative Sensemaking - Visual Metaphor - a graphic showing the link between our past, our present and out future

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Collaborative Sensemaking - Visual Metaphor - a graphic showing the link between our past, our present and out future
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 09:48:56 -0500

Collaborative Sensemaking - Visual Metaphor - a graphic showing the link
between our past, our present and out future
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/103323666932740258290/albums/5972099971316534289/5972099970896432626?pid=5972099970896432626&oid=103323666932740258290
Visual Metaphors

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JoachimStroh/posts/RNm2Zw3CMFz

The graphic:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JoachimStroh/posts/RNm2Zw3CMFz

Joachim Stroh <https://plus.google.com/u/0/100641053530204604051>
owner
- Jan 3,
2013<https://plus.google.com/u/0/100641053530204604051/posts/RNm2Zw3CMFz>

Inspired by a Data Teahouse Sequence in +John
Kellden<https://plus.google.com/101010252943098026073>'s
conversation stream [1], I've created this graphic to show the link between
our past (expressed in our data and memories), our present (individual and
collective sensemaking) and our future (expressed in our stories and
aspirations).

With the arrow of time moving steadfastly forward, there is only so much
attention you can pay, so many ideas you can create, so many stories you
can absorb, so many datapoints you can explore; *all we have to decide is
what to do with the [slice of] time that is given us.*

[1] https://plus.google.com/u/0/101010252943098026073/posts/19DvLekXiLo

[related] http://www.slideshare.net/lanceweiler/building-storyworlds (via
John Kellden)
[related] http://euansemple.com/theobvious/2012/12/30/changing-our-stories

  • [permaculture] Collaborative Sensemaking - Visual Metaphor - a graphic showing the link between our past, our present and out future, Lawrence London, 01/23/2014