permaculture - [permaculture] 2013 Fall Catalogue is on line

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "England's Orchard and Nursery" <nuttrees@prtcnet.org>
  • To: "Clifford England" <kynuttrees@gmail.com>
  • Subject: [permaculture] 2013 Fall Catalogue is on line
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 20:07:51 -0400

England's Orchard and Nursery

Dear Customer to view our newest Catalogue online see,
<http://www.nuttrees.net/instruct.html> http://www.nuttrees.net/instruct.html

Our fall 2013 shipping season is underway and the trees are in great shape
this year. We have had sufficient Moisture and the trees have responded
well.

Introduction this season is Jujubes

Dragons Claw JUJUBE - Dwarf trees with a Zigzag pattern growth structure
Makes a great specimen tree and conversation piece. Fruit is Medium size and
round with a crisp apple-like flavor. Ripens in September is one of our
favorites Jujube to consume Fresh and is among the best producers we have.

COCO Jujube – Available Spring only not a big fruit but By far the sweetest
with slight hint of Coconut flavor and juicy , Coco is a popular Ukrainian
Cultivar and sets abundant crops , Golden Brown fruits, Very Precocious.
Spring Delivery Only

Persimmon Have had an exceptionally large Crop this year and are loaded with
fruit, many of the jujubes Cultivars and the Kaki persimmons are Beginning
Ripening. As well as our new Interspecies Hybrid of Persimmon Virginiana
Crossed with Kaki have many new and interesting persimmons to taste and
observe.

cid:image003.jpg@01CEC73E.26CFB790

Huk Kam 흑 감–Korean cultivar Meaning Black / blue Persimmon come to us
from Korea is a medium size fruit for a Kaki and is somewhat a Pollen Variant
but should be known as an astringent type. Fruit has Orange flesh, Ripe when
soft. Shipped in containers Zone 6 or Higher / Priced at $50.00
Each

<http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=dEEDZmml-5bkFM&tbnid=PeO-bo5zIB4s4M:&ved=0CAgQjRwwAA&url=http://blog.daum.net/_blog/hdn/ArticleContentsView.do?blogid%3D0CdVb%26articleno%3D17363530%26looping%3D0%26longOpen%3D&ei=rMFUUoi-LYqIygHKt4HgDA&psig=AFQjCNHjrjhZNmOdQ4pyx9pQapkunMnARA&ust=1381372716794028>

http://cfs12.blog.daum.net/image/36/blog/2008/10/29/03/02/4907539dc0754&filename=result_2008_9_6_19_28_15_312_5-pms8206.jpg

Jin Yong Tam Kam / 진 영 단 감== Non-Astringent very Flavorful fruit and can be
consumed when Still fully firm tree is a Dwarf so slow growing and with a
small structure a must to have for the small garden zone 6 to zone 8
shipped in the container.

Tae Bong Shi 대 봉 시 감 = Korean Cultivar that has Deep orange flesh
and is very firm when Ripe so Name the Hard Boy Friend, This fruit is
primarily used in the process of drying persimmons known to be from the
famous region of Korea that is Famed for the drying and curing of 곶감 Dried
Persimmon High in Sugar content and very appealing in the way that you can
freeze and store and thaw at the time of consumption Containerized Price
$30.00

Russian Kaki- A very Hardy selection Known for its delicious flavored
fruit. The medium size pointed Golden fruit are astringent but will ripen off
the tree well and has an excellent flavor, This cultivar is promising for
those growers in the northern range of Kaki persimmon production, Ripens
early. This tree is late to leaf out and late to flower therefore making it
Late Vegetating // Containerized Price $30.00

Many Excellent American Persimmons are available and can be shipped either
Containerized or as Bare root but when we ship bare root we ship in a moist
Medium named Terra Sorb it is a water hydration gel that incases the roots
and prevents any drying of the root system

100-46- From the Breeding work of Jerry Lehman of Terra Haute Indiana one of
his newest creations, very large fruit, smooth flesh, clear pulp and made
to be loved, while not a large tree it is one of the heaviest producing
persimmon I have ever witnessed, very good flavor and smooth flesh this one
is all about taste. Container Grown

Deer Magnet- A Late ripening cultivar so named because the trails that lead
to the tree from all direction Deer love this variety of Persimmon it is
known the deer will always eat the best first. During late fall to early
winter, This Persimmon tree fruit bearing magnet for wild life. It is a great
tasting persimmon and is a must for the hunter that has in mind for that
trophy rack. Container Grown

100-42- Large Fruit, Great tasting and similar to 100-46, Deep Orange flesh
and has a scaffolding type limb growth that bares the weight of heavy loads
of persimmon is among the best persimmon I have ever consumed Container
Grown.

H-118- Medium size fruit, Red colorize fruit, Soft when Ripe very High
quality Fruit Precocious and a consistent producer bears seedless fruit south
of the Ohio River due to it being a 90 Chromosome persimmon. Out of the Late
James Claypool Breeding program. Very Early ripening Container Grown small
only

We have some very large tree that cannot be shipped and would need to be
picked up at the Nursery.

We will be Digging shortly as the season Progresses and will be adding more
Plant material in the Spring as the season goes draws near to winter.

H-120 - Large fruited tree breed by James Claypool of the Claypool persimmon
breeding program. A very desirable fruit, excellent color with a roundish
canopy, a heavy producer, and very precocious. Taste far exceeds expectation.

Celebrity - Crystal clear fruit, nearly seedless with the texture of Kaki
persimmon. Rated very high for disease resistance and very high for the
quality of fruit. Closest to a kaki as you can get with the cold hardiness of
Virginiana. Selected from Jerry Lehman's crosses of Dollywood D128 X F58
male. Both are prodigies of Miller and Early Golden. One of the Largest fruit
produced from the Lehman breeding program.

Visits to the orchard and nursery welcomed but by appointment only.

Did you know that Most of our trees are grown in Containers and can be
shipped with a root ball in tact with the fine hair root unaffected and we
strive to work with all our customers on warranty issues.

Pawpaw harvest is over but we have plenty of new and interesting
cultivars of Pawpaw trees available in containers and field grown, the field
grown trees will be shipped later when there go dormant.

Pawpaw cultivars are

Kentucky Champion ™

Summer Delight ™

Nyomi’s Delicious

Halvin

Maria’s Joy

Please see web site for additional information and description.

Summer Delight Ripens the last week of July to the first week of August it is
a medium size of 10 to 12 ounces Pawpaw with a delicious flavor with a
tropical notes in flavor. Very Very early regardless of your area.

Medlar Nieszpułka zwyczajna 'Süssmispel'

This Medlar is From Poland and it is not only zone 5 Cold hardy but a very
substantial fruit in size Tasty and with the Apple sauce with that hint of
Cinnamon flavor we like them best will still firm but ripe. // Shipped
containerized $35.00

Nieszpułka zwyczajna

We dig out our field grown Trees in late October to December and from
late February to early March weather pending and begin shipping immediately
to provide the best possible tree survivability and to insure health of the
trees.

Trees are stored in walk-in coolers for a brief time Just prior to
shipping and trees are keep at a temperature of 36 degree F. we only ship
plant material till the end of April and from that point forward the trees
must be shipped in Containers due to the fact that most trees have broken
dormancy in Zone 6 in central Kentucky.

Thank you and good growing

Thank you

Kum Hui and Clifford England

England’s Orchard and Nursery

2338 HIGHWAY 2004

Mc Kee, KY. 40447-8342

Specializing in alternative crops.

<http://www.nuttrees.net/> www.nuttrees.net

Email: <mailto:nuttrees@prtcnet.org> nuttrees@prtcnet.org

Ph. # 606 965 2228

See us On FACEBOOK @ <https://www.facebook.com/Kynuttrees>
https://www.facebook.com/Kynuttrees

  • [permaculture] 2013 Fall Catalogue is on line, England's Orchard and Nursery, 10/18/2013