permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] FW: Special Food Issue from Scientific American

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] FW: Special Food Issue from Scientific American
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 12:42:13 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 10:20:01 -0400
From: Joel Gruver <jgruv@HOTMAIL.COM>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Hello folks,

the current issue of Scientific American may be of interest.

see following message.

Joel

Joel Gruver

School of Agriculture

Western Illinois University

jgruv@hotmail.com

Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 14:06:27 +0000
From: naturepublishinggrp@ealert.nature.com
To: jgruv@hotmail.com
Subject: Special Food Issue from Scientific American

Scientific American - September Issue If you are unable to see the message below, click here to view.

Special Food Issue: Feast. Fuel. Farm.

The personal relationship humans have with food can be thought of as fairly simplistic - we eat what we like. This special issue of Scientific American explores some basic questions that are not easily answered - all within three sections: Feast, Fuel and Farm. Throughout the September issue, we celebrate our love for food, discover how food changes us and explore the future of the food supply.

Articles featured in this Special Food Issue include:

Feast: Celebrating Our Love Of Food Ecology: How (and Why) to Eat Invasive Species Neuroscience: The Food Addiction Innovation: The Amazing Multimillion-Year History of Processed Food Fuel: How Food Changes Us
Nutrition: Everything You Know about Calories is Wrong Physiology: Which One Will Make You Fat? Anthropology: The First Cookout Farm: The Future Of The Food Supply
Conservation: Return of the Natives Microbiology: Super Dirt Biotechnology: Are Engineered Foods Evil?

Having difficulty accessing these articles?
Recommend institutional site license access to your librarian today!

â„¢Scientific American, Inc.

  • [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] FW: Special Food Issue from Scientific American, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 09/15/2013