permaculture - [permaculture] scamming donations with kickstarter and other "fundraisers" and giving no reward

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] scamming donations with kickstarter and other "fundraisers" and giving no reward
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 15:49:49 -0400

Attn: John, Trudy, me, any others following this incident involving John
getting ripped off for $80 through a "fund raiser".
This following project is not a scam but the asshat we all have fortunately
been alerted to is running one and evidently uses this mindset to justify
his taking advantage of all opportunities to glean every possible donation
without giving any reward - Vlad Award 2013, hands down. This is what
alerted me to the motivation used to rip John off for $80: "As with all
crowdfunding projects, be aware that there is no guarantee that this will
ship and that you will get anything for your money".No guarantee you will
get anything fo your money.....not in the world of permaculture but yes,
definitely in the world of permaculture poseurs, opportunists and outright
scambags. They know who they are.

http://boingboing.net/2013/09/06/kickstarting-an-open-source-ha.html
........ have built what they're calling a 'microfactory' - a
self-contained machine that etches circuitry, mills, and 3d-prints
multi-color objects. Their
kickstarter<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/327919589/the-microfactory-a-machine-shop-in-a-box>is
only a week in, but they're going to need a lot of help if they're
going
to reach their very ambitious goal." It's about $5K for a fully
assembled/fully functional pre-order. As with all crowdfunding projects, be
aware that there is no guarantee that this will ship and that you will get
anything for your money.

  • [permaculture] scamming donations with kickstarter and other "fundraisers" and giving no reward, Lawrence London, 09/07/2013