permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Visual_Pages - Very graphics heavy pages (Lion Kuntz)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Visual_Pages - Very graphics heavy pages (Lion Kuntz)
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:08:46 -0400

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 6:50 PM, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Douglas Hinds <cedecor@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> (Lawrence has a penchant for idealizing those who left us - Eric
>> Kindberg is another that comes to mind).:-)
>>

> Yes, very much so because of what they accomplished that you and I have
> used and enjoyed.
> Your issues with them are not my problem.

Now that was just like Lion on a bad day, contentious for no reason. Anyway
you know what I mean, Douglas.
Those folks were not people you meet very often. They made their
connections with _us_, directly. Neither made their living pushing paper
without a good reason for doing so,
theirs was hands on in the field or at the E-typewriter creating
documentation, publishing or in Eric's case, occasionally writing grants.
They each made significant contributions.
One of Eric's most significant was his shop fabricated tillage and bed
making implements and also his experimentation with natural farming
methods, knowledge gained and advice passed to us. Lion continued the
research and documentation on what was essentially permaculture coupled
with homesteading and natural gardening and farming, trends started in the
1960's that helped provide momentum for the back-to-the-land movement that
has continued to this day.

How is your soil and compost testing lab coming?