permaculture - [permaculture] Prunus americana as Rootstock

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jason Gerhardt <jasongerhardt@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Prunus americana as Rootstock
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 18:27:31 -0700

I'm interested in hearing the experiences of others using *Prunus americana*
as
a rootstock, particularly for Apricot, Peach, and Sour Cherry. I have had
great success grafting Euro Plum onto *P. americana,* and am considering
expanding my reliance on it for Peach and Apricot especially, but would
love to hear about any experiences with Sour Cherry too. If you have
success to report, please tell me for how many years.

Appreciation in advance,
--
Jason Gerhardt
Designer and Educator

  • [permaculture] Prunus americana as Rootstock, Jason Gerhardt, 02/26/2013