permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Weather Data for Agricultural Development

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Neil Bertrando <neilbertrando@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Weather Data for Agricultural Development
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 09:56:29 -0800

This is awesome Lawrence. Thank you.

Does anyone have references or resources for climate data specific to Haiti
(or the DR or Hispanola Island)?
Is there a carribean / Central American weather database?

for those in the US
I like the NOAA US weather station network as well

in the west I use the western regional climate center
http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/

they have long term data sets at the COOP stations and real time (or close)
data at the RAWS
http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/climatedata/climsum/
RAWS
http://www.raws.dri.edu/index.html

also precip frequency distribution maps
http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/pcpnfreq.html

For the Midwest, I use
http://mrcc.isws.illinois.edu/

for streams I like the usgs water website
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/rt

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM, Lawrence F. London, Jr. <lflj@bellsouth.net