permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Merger of microbial tea (all types) and aquaponics/hydroponics technologies.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Merger of microbial tea (all types) and aquaponics/hydroponics technologies.
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 16:21:56 -0500

On 12/21/2012 12:49 PM, Neil Bertrando wrote:
my understanding is that both can be and are being done. I don't have much
in the way of details.

one important design criteria that is critical to these systems: dosage and
balance

What condition/type of tea would you put on your garden while crop is growing. Take that info and apply it to hydroponics growing only aerate
more before infusing the system with tea. Good flow through around and past plants to a refreshing and re-aerating stage before sending it back to the plants. When plants have mostly depleted the nutrients infuse the system with new, nutrient-rich tea. Just an idea, never have tried hydroponics.