permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Confusing ourselves and others: what do you mean when you say permaculture?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Confusing ourselves and others: what do you mean when you say permaculture?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 16:20:28 -0500

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 3:21 PM, rafter sass ferguson
<liberationecology@gmail.com> wrote:
> Science-oriented permaculture folks - which I hope is most of us? -
> will be interested in this. Please join the discussion!
>
> http://liberationecology.org/2012/11/14/wait-youre-studying-what-again-part-2/

This comment for starters:

"Taking organic production as a model, we can recognize that there is
a clear set of “farming and gardening practices” associated with
organic growing, but that there is also an inherent worldview that may
go along with those practices. If we ease on the emphasis of
permaculture as a movement, or as I often term it ‘a lens’ through
which we solve problems or live our lives, and rather lean more
steadfastly upon the design and planning framework then the
lifestyle/worldview/movement can follow in the wake of good design and
a coherent definition and platform."

This is good. Permaculture as a lens through which to view nature,
systems, practices and methods is a path easy to follow for me.

Good discussion so far, need more comments.

LL