permaculture - Re: [permaculture] 2013 International Permaculture Convergence: Cuba: November 24-December 7, 2013

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] 2013 International Permaculture Convergence: Cuba: November 24-December 7, 2013
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 12:39:44 -0700 (PDT)

I have a few graduates in the Miami area who are working to keep the
Everglades intact through education, sustainable farming methods, etc. One of
them has a 22 acre permaculture demonstration farm in Homestead, near the
everglades. The way that ecosystem works is breathtakingly astounding. There
are also some really effective organizations down there who are dedicated to
keeping the "lungs of Florida" intact. That may be a moot point with global
warming, but in that case, the Everglades may just move up to the middle of
the state. Just visited a town where most of the town is no more than 10 feet
above sea level (Ft Myers). Where I live, near the Gulf, we're 72 feet or
more - we may be an island instead of a peninsula but my little backyard food
forest may still be here.

Koreen Brennan

www.growpermaculture.com
www.facebook.com/growpermaculturenow