permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Pure Water Revolution- NOT

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Daniel Jager <dfjager@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Pure Water Revolution- NOT
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 17:47:22 -0700 (PDT)

The problem with distilled water is its hungriness for salts. Pure
(distilled) water does not exist in Nature. Water, being a near universal
solvent, will actively look for and dissolve many substances until it is
'sated'. Hence the mineral richness of 'spring water' and its reported health
benefits.

It is the opposite of what pure chemical salts do. They are thristy for water
and often will attract water from the atmosphere. (Hence adding rice grains
to salt shakers).

Drinking mostly hypotonic liquids, like distilled water, will cause, over
time, leaching of minerals from the body with all its unpleasant consequences.

Daniel