permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Article: "In Africa’s Vanishing Forests, the Benefits of Bamboo"

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "sals3" <sals3@cox.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Article: "In Africa’s Vanishing Forests, the Benefits of Bamboo"
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:31:55 -0700

like sugar cane

----- Original Message ----- From: "loren luyendyk" <loren@sborganics.com>
To: "Permaculture Listserve" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2012 12:21 AM

In warmer climates you can also propagate bamboo by laying the culms (full grown shoots) horizontally in a shallow trench and keeping moist for several months. New shoots will sprout from the nodes. In this way you can make many plants from one culm.

Loren Luyendyk
ISA Certified Arborist #WE 7805A
Permaculture Design & Education
(805) 452-8249