permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Martha Stewart and permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Martha Stewart and permaculture
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 16:30:40 -0400

On 3/13/2012 3:30 PM, paul wheaton wrote:
That is excellent news Toby!

Please, please, please let us know if you see a huge surge in sales!

I think we are seeing a lot of interest in permaculture from
non-traditional vectors. Indicators of being on the edge of going
mainstream.

If interest in local, sustainable farming for local sales is any indication, this started 10-15 years ago. Ex. A national chain industrial and construction equipment rental business had at least one employee, a desk clerk, and his family attend a weekend-long local sustainable farm tour, going from farm to farm in a guided tour over a two day period. He told me they all thoroughly enjoyed it. With the image permaculture now has in the nation's view I would imagine a permaculture site or farm tour would be just as attractive and interesting to these folks, basically blue and white collar employees.
I am sure they will have seen the thousands of homemade YouTube videos on homeowner do-it-yourself projects.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Toby Hemenway