permaculture - [permaculture] Ecovillage Education

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jennifer Nazak <jnazak@yahoo.com>
  • To: permielist <austinperm@yahoogroups.com>, Transition Austin <transitionaustin@yahoogroups.com>, "permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, "edgewater_permaculture_society@yahoogroups.com" <edgewater_permaculture_society@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Ecovillage Education
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 14:23:48 -0800 (PST)

Dear Permies,

Some colleagues/friends at Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage are offering the
following training, called Ecovillage Education. Dancing Rabbit is a highly
successful ecovillage, and I would certainly think the folks there would be
great people to take this kind of training from. See details below my
signature line.

jenny
* * * * * * *
"When we perceive that the only difference between us is our beliefs and that
beliefs can be created or discreated with ease, the right and wrong game will
wind down, a co-create game will unfold, and world peace will ensue.” --
Harry Palmer, author of the Avatar® materials www.avatarepc.com

Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage is one of the most inspiring and active ecovillage
projects in the United States. For the first time, they are opening their
doors to 20 people interested in becoming sustainable culture leaders by
offering Gaia Education's "Ecovillage Design Education" curriculum in a
program called Ecovillage Education US -www.ecovillageeducation.us. The
development of this program is rooted in the idea that now is the time for
leaders to step up to the challenge of co-creating sustainable communities
throughout the US and world.

For five weeks this summer (June 29-August 5), you can live in the ecovillage
and participate in both classroom and hands-on practicums focused in the
three main aspects of sustainability - economic, ecological and social, as
well as a fourth dimension called worldview (what does sustainability mean in
relationship to our global family?). This will include permaculture design,
natural building, conscious communication models, successful alternative
economic models and more.

Another unique aspect of the course is that you have the opportunity to bring
a personal project, whether it is a sustainable community start-up, a
Transition Town energy descent plan, a building, garden or any
sustainability-focused project, and the instructors will work with you on the
project so that you can take it back home and hit the ground running! These
instructors are experts and are ready to share their time and experience with
you.

This course is for:

    * sustainability leaders,
    * educators,
    * students,
    * community leaders,
    * intentional communities,
    * Transition towns…
…and your life!
__ My interest is piqued and I have questions.  Email
info@ecovillageeducation.us and join the upcoming INFO CALL to learn more
(Wednesday March 7, 7:30-8:30pm CST)

__ This is exactly what I was looking for! Visit the website:
www.EcovillageEducation.us and register soon, as space is limited.

__ I can't get away for 5 weeks this summer, but know someone who would be
interested in this. Please feel free to forward this information to anyone
who may be interested.