permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Food forest project at Pine Ridge -assistance

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Food forest project at Pine Ridge -assistance
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 06:50:54 -0800 (PST)

The problem is, on the rez, there is just not that much control. Shit
happens, fences go down, plants do not get mowed, and then there is a problem
that i am just not interested in being the cause of. If I'm not there to
fence, mow, etc (which I won't be), I'm not going to plant it. I'm aware of
the value of the trees, it is a matter of whether they will survive and what
impact they might have on the environment in that particular location....