permaculture - Re: [permaculture] One Straw Guiding Questions

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Erin Schey <erinschey@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] One Straw Guiding Questions
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:59:44 +0900

I think the book is very inspiring and should be read with the
principles and strategies of what he is doing in mind. I like his
four rules. The book is very important a seminal piece of writing for
the natural farming movement of the last 40 years. The species he
has under cultivation are very specific to the region he lived in
(Zone 10, actually really close to where we live now on the island of
Shikoku!) and it would be interesting to try to brainstorm parallel
species of fruit trees, grain crops and herbaceous cover crops that
would be appropriate in the Front Range (but based on his model). It
would be great to try and put a few combinations to trial in the area
and see what is successful. I don't have the volume with me so I
can't think of any other specific guiding questions. Philosophically
there must be many interesting angles to prompt discussion but without
the text here that's about all I can do...

Hope that helps!

E.