permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] A New Years Wish for a Kuhnian Revolution

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] A New Years Wish for a Kuhnian Revolution
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 13:27:54 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 12:02:50 -0500
From: Karl S North <knorth@BINGHAMTON.EDU>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

For those of us who are occupied with the advancement of science as
learners or purveyors (or both), the stock-taking time of the New Year
might arouse the desire to pull back from the nose-to-the-ground daily work and try to see the larger picture, how the way we currently do science looks from a historical perspective and how it is evolving, a view from Mars as it were.

So, for those of you who are so inclined, here is my perspective, a
critique developed over many years of the dominant way science is done, and an example of how a program of training in agricultural science might look after the revolution in science out of the dominant paradigm, a revolution that is actually well under way in other fields of study:

Html version:Reductionist Science and the Rise of Capitalism: Implications for a Programof Agricultural Science <http://karlnorth.com/>

Pdf version: here<http://karlnorth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Reductionist-Science-and-the-Rise-of-Capitalism_-Implications-for-a-New-Educational-Program-of-Agricultural-Science.pdf>

Critical comments welcome.

Best wishes for the new year,

--
Karl North - Northland Sheep Dairy, Freetown, New York USA
http://karlnorth.com/

  • [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] A New Years Wish for a Kuhnian Revolution, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 01/05/2012