permaculture - Re: [permaculture] CFL testing in progress / another rocket mass heater update

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Bob Waldrop" <bwaldrop@cox.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] CFL testing in progress / another rocket mass heater update
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 21:27:21 -0600

My cfls have been shining for 6 years, without a glitch. We have managed to not break any either. The light is very similar to incandescent.

Obviously people have different mileage, but we like ours a lot. They were bought off the shelf at Home Despot. Probably the cheapest ones on the shelf, although I don't remember the purchase in that great of a detail. We bought them all at the same time, because we had our house rewired, and while none of us were around, towards the end of the project, they disappeared all our previous CFLs (no idea what they did with them) and put in new incandescents. They said that was a code requrement (new lights anyway). So I went out and bought new CFLs for all of our lights, including the bathrooms and closets. That's hmmm. . . . that's a dozen or so CFLs. Six going on seven years later, they are still burning brightly.

Bob Waldrop, OKC

-----Original Message----- From: Lawrence F. London, Jr.