permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Mealworms - what are they used for?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "sals3" <sals3@cox.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Mealworms - what are they used for?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 12:19:12 -0800

Am in Ca. and I use to raise them on tunas the cactus patty not the fruit the patty . I would wipe the thorns off lay the cactus over the brand use them to feed pheasants in city because they did not want chicken noises. hehe. I only had to buy mealworms once . cut a cactus leaf lay on top of brand add mealworms and they just breed and breed . A lot of birds like them. you throw them meal worms and you have a bird friend for life. reptiles like them also. Chickens love them and I think they will raise more chicks.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>