permaculture - Re: [permaculture] gaiaculture, symbiculture, ecolandtech, synergistic agriculture, permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] gaiaculture, symbiculture, ecolandtech, synergistic agriculture, permaculture
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 08:33:44 -0500

On 11/11/2011 11:02 PM, Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
On 11/11/2011 10:54 PM, Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

I still like Perm(anent) a(gri) culture full of meaning, easy to
understand by everyone talking about system intensive activity
involving people, dirt, plants, energy, light, water, minerals,
habitation, sustenance, sustainability, culture and on endlessly

Permaculture is science and technology. first and foremost. Inspiration
on the part of practitioners and teachers for moving the discipline
forward and increasing the depth of its knowledgebase and methodology
set is common and may be derived in part from one's religious ideas
about the Earth we live on but often comes from pure enthusiasm about
permaculture itself and the immense possibilities it offers for Earth or
GAIA stewardship. It is time to get on with business and pursue the
goals for it that we all share, ones that matter substantially to each
of us as we put into practice lessons we have learned in our daily lives
and backyards. That's real frosting on the cake, gifts from those who
have made the movement happen and shown us the possibilities.