permaculture - [permaculture] Food supply article

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: International Permaculture List <permaculture@openpermaculture.org>, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, Portland Permaculture Guild <ppg@lists.riseup.net>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Food supply article
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 13:41:42 -0800

A lot of people have asked me when I'm going to put some new articles on my
website. I've just posted one about the scary fact that most cities only have
a 3-day food supply on grocery shelves. It's part of my ongoing campaign to
reduce the fear factor a bit and get us focusing on the true weaknesses of
the systems we depend on. The article is at

http://www.patternliteracy.com/419-fear-and-the-three-day-food-supply-3

and is also on Energy Bulletin at

http://energybulletin.net/stories/2011-11-02/fear-and-three-day-food-supply

Enjoy!

Toby
http://patternliteracy.com

  • [permaculture] Food supply article, Toby Hemenway, 11/10/2011