permaculture - [permaculture] Community Training in Ecological Design, Syracuse NY, Feb-Apr 2012

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Michael Burns" <michael@fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: "Permaculture List" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Community Training in Ecological Design, Syracuse NY, Feb-Apr 2012
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 13:05:27 -0400

COMMUNITY TRAINING IN ECOLOGICAL DESIGN
presented by

Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
FingerLakesPermaculture.org

with
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Onondaga County
ExtendOnondaga.org

and
The Alchemical Nursery
AlchemicalNursery.org

The course begins with an introductory weekend:
February 4 & 5 (10 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
followed by Thursday evenings:
February 9 through April 5 (6:00–8:30 p.m.)

This class gives gardeners, landowners, farmers, and anyone interested in
sustainable living tools to get started on a wide range of projects to improve
food production, conserve resources, and save money.

We examine and discuss the principles and techniques of permaculture and
ecology that help us make better choices for our land, families, and
communities.

2/4 & 2/5: Permaculture & Ecology
2/9: Plants & Niches
2/16: Build a Guild
2/23: Soil & Compost
3/1: Water
3/8: Earthworks
3/15: Trees & Forests
3/22: Community Design
3/29: Design Lab
4/5: Share Design Work
4/14: Rahma Health Clinic garden perma-blitz.
*curriculum subject to changes

Class work will include a self-selected design project; you can design your
backyard, garden space, or an entire neighborhood. Examples and applications
will be given in both an urban and rural context. Class will be a balance of
lecture and hands-on learning.

Instructors include Steve Gabriel, Michael Burns, Kayleigh Burgess, Frank
Cetera and regional guests.

Tuition: $200 - $400
(based on what you can afford)

Scholarships may available from generous local organizations.

Visit http://FingerLakesPermaculture.org for information and registration.
Phone: 607.527.0607
Email: info@fingerlakespermaculture.org

NOTE: This is not a Permaculture Design Certification course. However, your
tuition to this series of classes can be applied to our summer PDC course
tuition.

- -
Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org
- -

  • [permaculture] Community Training in Ecological Design, Syracuse NY, Feb-Apr 2012, Michael Burns, 10/25/2011