permaculture - Re: [permaculture] OT:Building an Alt. Movement Quote?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] OT:Building an Alt. Movement Quote?
  • Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2011 18:19:15 -0400

On 10/1/2011 11:54 AM, ChildrensPeaceGuild wrote:
I need help finding a quote for an essay I'm writing.

A while back I read an interesting point (if memory serves me
correctly it might have been somehow linked to EF Schumacher?) that
in order to build a successfull alternative movement, option,
society, etc. you build a working model parallel to the present
paradigm so people can easily step outside of one and into another.
The argument went on to say that you can not "reform" an ecocidal,
genocidal society from the inside since it is inheriently corrupt.
You might find it here:
EcoLandTech Collected Sayings
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/sayings
otherwise Google it