permaculture - [permaculture] Solstice Tree Biochar

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: scakya@lobo.net
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Solstice Tree Biochar
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 10:32:34 -0600

Hi,
When friends have X mas trees left over cut with thinning in mind from the local forests, they bring the trees to me. They are freed of as much decoration as possible, the limbs removed and used for making raised beds. The main truck is dried, cut in pieces or shredded depending on width. If it is nice and straight will use it as a pole in a project after drying.

PatM

I don't practice bio-char as have found using oat straw or like in my environment works well.