permaculture - [permaculture] Ecological Design Course with FLPCI, Syracuse NY Sept-Nov 2011

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Michael Burns <michael@fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Ecological Design Course with FLPCI, Syracuse NY Sept-Nov 2011
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:06:01 -0400

COMMUNITY TRAINING IN ECOLOGICAL DESIGN

presented by the
Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute (FingerLakesPermaculture.org)

with
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Onondaga County (ExtendOnondaga.org)

and
The Alchemical Nursery (AlchemicalNursery.org)

September 10 & 11 (10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
then Wednesday evenings, September 14 through November 9 (6:00–8:30 p.m.)

This class gives gardeners, landowners, farmers, and anyone interested in sustainable living tools to get started on a wide range of projects to improve food production, conserve resources, and save money.

We will meet once a week throughout the winter to discuss the principles and techniques of permaculture and ecological design that help us make better choices for our land, families, and communities.

September 10 & 11 - Permaculture Basics
September 14 - Plants & Niches
September 21 - Build a Guild
September 28 - Soil & Compost
October 5 - Water Management
October 12 - Earthworks
October 19 - Trees & Forests
October 26 – Community Design
November 2 – Design Lab
November 9 - Share Designs

Class work will include a self-selected design project; you can design your backyard, garden space, or an entire neighborhood. Examples and applications will be given in both an urban and rural context. Class will be a balance of lecture and hands-on learning.

Instructors include Steve Gabriel, Michael Burns, Kayleigh Burgess, Frank Cetera and regional guests.
Tuition: $200 - $400 (based on what you can afford)
Scholarships may be available from generous local organizations.
Visit http://FingerLakesPermaculture.org for information and registration.

Phone: 607.527.0607

Email: info@fingerlakespermaculture.org

NOTE: This is not a Permaculture Design Certification course. However, your tuition to this series of classes can be applied to our summer PDC course tuition.

###

http://FLXpermaculture.Net
regional regenerative resources
Earn your Permaculture Design Certificate
July 22nd through August 7, 2011
http://FingerLakesPermaculture.org

  • [permaculture] Ecological Design Course with FLPCI, Syracuse NY Sept-Nov 2011, Michael Burns, 07/27/2011