permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Adequate Plant Species Data-Base

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: harry byrne wykman <lists@peacetreepermaculture.com.au>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Adequate Plant Species Data-Base
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 16:28:53 +0100

Hello Laura,

No, I don't know of one. I'm beginning to collaborate with some folk
to develop something that might be used in this way.

At the moment, I think that there are just a number of steps in thought
that have to be passed through to determine adequacy.

I have recently written two posts on the topic dealing with
Mediterranean climates particularly:

Part I — Strategies for developing a (Mediterranean climate)
Permaculture Plant Palette | http://bit.ly/lffEkE

Part II — Strategies for developing a (Mediterranean climate)
Permaculture Plant Palette | http://bit.ly/mEHwPd

I would be very interested to hear what you do come up with if you
develop a kid-friendly way of approaching these problems.

Harry