permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Drinking Roof Rainwater

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Ron McCorkle" <ron@urbiculture.org>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Drinking Roof Rainwater
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 10:23:08 -0400

I have been drinking my rainwater for about a year. I use a standard,
inexpensive whole house pre filter, then a Berkey
http://cart.berkeyfilters.com/bigberkey.aspx?gclid=CPewqYnD56gCFcTd4AodyhZtE
<http://cart.berkeyfilters.com/bigberkey.aspx?gclid=CPewqYnD56gCFcTd4AodyhZt
Ew%20> 3 gallon ceramic filter. These filters are excellent at removing all
heavy metals, pathogens, bacteria and fungi.
http://www.berkeyfilters.com/watertest.htm They are gravity fed and
stainless steel. I'm super glad I purchased one.

I'm putting a metal roof on my house in a few years and will keep on using

this set up. I only use the Berkey for drinking and cooking. I use the whole
house filter only for cleaning. It's a system that works well for me.

Ron McCorkle

The Urbiculture Foundation

ron@urbiculture.org

540 982 8289