permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The Rainbow And The Worm - Sent using Google Toolbar

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The Rainbow And The Worm - Sent using Google Toolbar
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 09:38:33 -0700

Mae Won Ho has done amazing, groundbreaking work in evolutionary biology.
I've been a big fan for decades. If, as people say, that her book is as
groundbreaking as Schrodinger's "What is Life," its going to be significant.
I definitely want to read it. Permaculture is about living organization, too,
so there's going to be a lot of overlap.

BTW, "What is LIfe?" is a short book and still a very good read, not too
technical and since it's off-copyright you can download it. Schrodinger used
what he knew about physics--which was just about everything--and applied it
to biology. WIL set the path for the next 60 years of biology. Erwin was was
a sharp boy; had a solid knowledge of philosophy and Buddhism that he applied
to physics. So Mae Won Ho is in fast company.

Toby
http://patternliteracy.com