permaculture - [permaculture] PDC in Malawi

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Alexandra Dryer <pbp707@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] PDC in Malawi
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 16:57:41 +0200

Hi everyone,

We are in our second year of operations here in Malawi at Nature's Gift
Permaculture, and are about to host our second PDC. I was hoping people
could help spread the word about our center and the upcoming course.

Details below. Thanks.

Nature’s Gift Permaculture is a training and demonstration facility on a 20
hectare plot situated near the capital city of Lilongwe on Nature’s Gift
Farm. Here we are developing designs for ecologically harmonious, efficient
and productive living systems and future permaculture designers, trainers
and extension workers are welcome to learn and practice.

We use permaculture principles to empower Malawi in community-based food and
nutrition security.

Course Dates:* June 13th-June 25th, 2011*

Lead facilitator Alex Kruger has 15 years of experience in practicing and
teaching Permaculture which began with training at Fambidzanai of Zimbabwe
in 1993. Her experience base ranges from small scale community based work to
large scale systems in a number of diverse of bioregions and climates.
Training and materials development are her passion, as well as creating
beautiful systems with groups of people. Alex lives in an intentional
community, Berg en Dal, in the Klein Karoo, South Africa, where she
currently spends her time teaching Permaculture and building her home from
natural materials found on the farm.

Course Costs:
Basic Course Cost listed below include course fees, lunch and two tea
breaks, and three dinners for the duration of the course. Also included are
all design materials and a course manual. Fees are payable in US$, ZAR,
GBP, or MK at bank rates of exchange.

Basic Course Cost Without Accommodation: US$ 695.00 p.p.

*Camping (participant provides the tent)
w/o meals: US$ 795
with all (basic) meals: US$ 1035
*Hut (basic hut with mosquito net)
w/o meals: US$ 935
with all (basic) meals: US$ 1170

alternative accommodation and meal arrangements are available, please
inquire

PLEASE NOTE: We aim to provide Permaculture training to anyone who wants it
and do not want cost to be a prohibitive factor in participation on a PDC.
Please contact us if you wish to donate money to sponsor someone or if you
need sponsorship for this course.

Please contact hope@naturesgiftpermaculture.org to register or with any
questions

and please visit www.naturesgiftpermaculture.org for more information on our
centre

--

*"**adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." *
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

<http://www.thenomadfarmer.com>

  • [permaculture] PDC in Malawi, Alexandra Dryer, 04/01/2011