permaculture - Re: [permaculture] "warning that the , global availability of phosphorus fertilizer will begin to decline"

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Joan Huyser-Honig" <joan@hhcreatives.com>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] "warning that the , global availability of phosphorus fertilizer will begin to decline"
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 09:15:56 -0400

I’m interested in hearing what others think about these I
recent studies of reclaiming the P in pee:

1.

<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21429554> Global
potential of phosphorus recovery from human urine and feces.

Mihelcic JR, Fry LM, Shaw R.

Chemosphere. 2011 Mar 21. [Epub ahead of print]

PMID:

21429554

[PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?db=pubmed&cmd=link&linkn
ame=pubmed_pubmed&uid=21429554> Related citations

2.

<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21349568> Improved
phosphorus use efficiency in agriculture: A key requirement
for its sustainable use.

Schröder JJ, Smit AL, Cordell D, Rosemarin A.

Chemosphere. 2011 Feb 22. [Epub ahead of print]

PMID:

21349568

[PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?db=pubmed&cmd=link&linkn
ame=pubmed_pubmed&uid=21349568> Related citations

3.

<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21330732> Nitrogen
recovery from source-separated human urine using
clinoptilolite and preliminary results of its use as
fertilizer.

Beler-Baykal B, Allar AD, Bayram S.

Water Sci Technol. 2011;63(4):811-7.

PMID:

21330732

[PubMed - in process]

<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?db=pubmed&cmd=link&linkn
ame=pubmed_pubmed&uid=21330732> Related citations