permaculture - [permaculture] Fw: Latter-Day Luther Nails Troubling Thesis to GM Farm & Food Citadels

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "sals3" <sals3@cox.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, "Market Farming" <marketfarming@lists.ibiblio.org>, "Organic Gardening Discussion List" <OGL@LSV.UKY.EDU>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fw: Latter-Day Luther Nails Troubling Thesis to GM Farm & Food Citadels
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 09:53:24 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven McFadden" <chiron@CHIRON-COMMUNICATIONS.COM>
To: <SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:18 AM

Dear SANET readers -
FYI, just posted to my blog.

Miigwech, Steven

"After trucking across the high plains for five hours, and casting my eyes
over perhaps 100,000 acres or more of winter's still deathly gray industrial
farmland, I came face to face with the newly famous Dr. Don M. Huber in the
cave-dark meeting room of the Black Horse Inn just outside the American
Heartland village of Creighton, Nebraska.

"On the morning of March 24, along with about 80 farmers and Extension
agents, I listened as Huber discoursed with erudition and eloquence upon
industrial farming practices that may be impacting nearly every morsel of
food produced on the planet, and that subsequently may also be having
staggeringly serious health consequences for plants, animals, and human beings.

"Huber is emeritus soil scientist of Purdue University, and a retired U.S.
Army Colonel who served as an intelligence analyst, for 41 years, active and
reserves. In Nebraska, he stood ramrod straight for three hours with no
notes and spoke with an astonishing depth and range of knowledge on crucial,
controversial matters of soil science, genetic engineering, and the profound
impact of the widely used herbicide glyphosate upon soil and plants, and
ultimately upon the health of animals and human beings...."

(snip)
http://thecalloftheland.wordpress.com/2011/03/29/latter-day-luther-nails-troubling-thesis-to-gm-farm-food-citadels/

Steven McFadden
- The Call of the Land -